NYC Summer Collective
Spend this summer in the heart of New York City for a 9 week program with the goal of educating, equipping, and empowering next generation leaders for urban/multi-cultural ministry. Join a select few from around the world and experience New York, the mission of Jesus, and gospel community in a unique and powerful way.
- Educate: Interns will go through a 9 week course composed of reading, discussion, and lecture, exploring the nuanced approach to spiritual ministry within an urban/multi-cultural context. Learning modules include:
- Gospel centered ministry
- Evangelism in post christian cities
- Racial reconciliation
- Conflict management
- Cultural agility and Contextualization
- Discerning the kingdom
- Five fold ministry
- The way of Jesus in New York
- Kingdom centered prayer
- Equip: Interns will be equipped for pastoral, evangelistic, prophetic, teaching, and apostolic ministry through close relationships with experienced NYC pastors and church planters.
- Empower: Interns will be empowered to carry out weekly ministry tasks, in addition to being devoted to a larger scale ministry project before their time in the city is finished.
- The 2018 class will receive at most 6 interns
- Program runs June 17th-August 19th
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-28 years of age
- Applications must be submitted before February 1st, 2018
- 5-6 Interns will live in a 3 bedroom (1100 Square foot) NYC apartment during their program.
- The apartment is located in Manhattan (Specifically on Roosevelt Island, the local context for much of their ministry experience).
- Both the Women’s and Men’s intern coordinators live within a 3 minute walk from the intern apartment and will be engaging with interns almost daily.
- Interns will meet daily for a meal, scheduling, accountability, and prayer.
- Intern coordinators will meet two times a week with the intern group above and beyond their weekly reports with each individual intern.
- Interns are expected to work 8 hour days, 4.5 days during the week, and will be working a 6 hour Sunday as well. This will leave Friday afternoon through Saturday night free for planned sabbath and recreation around the city and region.
- Cost is $2,800.00 which covers both NYC housing for the entire program, along with books and materials.
- Food and recreation costs must be covered by candidates.
- 2 different support/funding trainings for candidates will be held in February of 2018.
- 100% of funding must be in prior to the start date.